Sunday, December 15, 2013



California DMV (San Jose)

Office hours: Mon- Fri: 8:00AM-5:00PM
111 W. Alma Avenue
San Jose, 95110
(800)777-0133


           This place, is hell on earth. It reminds me of a mini-airport, everybody looks expressionless. The receptionists were expressionless, the people sitting in chair were expressionless. The guy behind me when I was scheduling my permit test was the only one NOT expressionless, and he was red in the face and clearly frustrated. I went here to take my permit test and my behind the wheel test. Others also come here for vehicle registrations and voting registrations, according to my mom. I went here four times in my life, and every single time, there would be that ONE person who is sniffing and crying, which basically sets the mood of misery for the entire DMV place. The lines are ridiculously long, so it's advised to schedule an appointment ahead. There is always a lot of people here, and everything here makes me anxious and miserable, especially THAT GUY who skims over the papers and ask for my thumbprint, and tells me that there is something wrong with the computer in the midst of looking over my vehicle insurance information. I learned that I absolutely hate the DMV, and that it stands for Department of Motor Vehicle, and deals with driving related....everything, really, as well as voter registration. Despite everything painful that goes along with it, the DMV is an important part of our life, and is one of the few government places that have a lot of direct interactions with the common people...pleasant or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment